We currently collect and process the following information:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number and home address
- Credit card details including type of card, card number, name on card, start date/expiration date and security code
- Guest information including dates of your visit and/or stay
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or when participating in feedback, surveys, competitions or offers
- Website user statistics & IP addresses
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- When booking a stay with us
- When making a reservation for our restaurant
- When signing up to our mailing list
- When submitting an enquiry for one of our services including weddings, conferences, private events and wakes
- When using or viewing our website via your browser’s cookies
How do we use the information you have provided?
- To complete your online reservation or any special requests
- To invite you to write a guest review after your visit / stay
- For Marketing activities as permitted by law
- Other communications – there may be times we need to contact you via email, phone or post (depending on information provided)There may be a number of reasons for this:
- To respond / handle requests you have made
- Fraud detection and prevention
- For legal purposes to resolve disputes
- To improve our services
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legitimate interest.
- How long you spend on the website
- The links you’re clicking on
- The options, preferences or settings you’ve chosen
- The pages you’ve visited
The software will save a cookie to your device’s hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
Third Party Cookies
We work with third parties such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn who may set cookies on our website. These third parties are responsible for these cookies and further information is available on their websites.
How we store your personal information
We use appropriate business systems and procedures for storing and safeguarding your personal data. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in their course of work. We keep all information you have provided to us for as long as we deem necessary and so that we comply with applicable laws.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com. You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk.
- The City Rooms, 16 Hotel Street, Leicester, LE1 5AW
- Phone Number: 0116 251 5337
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org