Winstanley House continues to offer accommodation in line with the government’s Covid-19 guidelines shown below:
Hotels may remain open for the specific reasons set out in law, including where guests are unable to return to their main residence, use that guest accommodation as their main residence, need accommodation while moving house, are self-isolating as required by law, or would otherwise be made homeless as a result of the accommodation closing.
You are allowed to stay overnight away from your home if you:
• are visiting your support bubble
• are unable to return to your main residence
• need accommodation while moving house
• need accommodation to attend a funeral or related commemorative event
• require accommodation for work purposes or to provide voluntary services
• are homeless, seeking asylum or a vulnerable person seeking refuge
• are an elite athlete or their support staff or parent, if the athlete is under 18 and it is necessary to be outside of the home for training or competition
Please note our Black Iron Restaurant is now open for outdoor dining only. Online bookings for tables of up to 6 people will be available 2 weeks in advance. In the meantime we are offering contactless collections of our Black Iron at Home Boxes each week. Find out more here.
With the Covid-19 situation continuing to evolve we want to reassure you that Winstanley House is closely monitoring all of the advice from both the World Health Organisation and the Government, and evolving our procedures accordingly.
We have introduced health and safety measures to maintain the highest possible standards so that you can continue to enjoy the fantastic experience you have come to know in a safe environment. Here is what you need to know:
Hotel & Bedrooms
• Contactless check in for bedrooms
• NHS QR code to check in for test & trace
• One way system in place
• Protective screens at reception
• Multiple sanitiser stations positioned throughout the hotel
• All non-essential shared items to be removed from bedrooms (note pads, Pencils etc)
• Routinely cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces such as telephones, keyboards, door handles, desks and tables.
• Frequent hand sanitizing highlighted as the most effective way of preventing the spread of infection. Hand hygiene is promoted by ensuring staff, contractors, service users and visitors have access to hand washing facilities and will wash their hands
• The maintenance of all hand washing and drying facilities to ensure they are constantly refilled and available
• Team members fully trained on sanitizing and social distancing during service
• Face coverings will be worn in all public areas of the venue, including restrooms
Additionally, we are implementing remote working. In order to safeguard both our team and the community. This is nothing new for many of the team as they already work remotely outside of the head office. Steps have been taken to ensure that this will have no impact on operational efficiency. We do, however, hope for your understanding as we adjust.
For the foreseeable future, we will cancel all non-essential work-related travel but will keep in touch via phone or video calls. This will help the next period pass with as little disruption as possible. And, of course, if any team member has any symptoms they will be self-isolating as per the Government’s guidance.
We organised our son’s wedding reception at City Rooms. This is a beautiful majestic venue. The staff were so helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We selected the Asian in-house menu and the chef met all our needs. Our guests loved the food. Thank you to Sandy for all her support and offering advice […]
We held our first in person staff away day at The City Rooms in May. The venue was clean and had good COVID safety measures in place making for a relaxing and enjoyable event. Communication before and during the day was quick and helpful and the staff were all friendly and accommodating.
We had a great afternoon at The City Rooms in December for our company Xmas lunch. The service was excellent, food great and the room was perfect. We would definitely recommend to other businesses looking for a private function.